Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Day Two: Cardiff

It's such an odd thing, staying in a hotel in the place where you live. Luckily for me it's a lovely hotel on the bay, so it's a big adventure and a new perspective. Not to mention a super-comfy bed. I am excited and energetic today, as I got up early to go home to the flat and do normal things like open mail and unpack the dishwasher. And make coffee for a fellow Will Young tour-companion in my own kitchen. Beautiful.

So, I said Yes to having my laundry done by someone else at a laundromat instead of doing it myself when I get home from tour. Yes to lunch. Yes to seeing my husband for a brief moment. Yes to sneaking out during sound check to have coffee with a friend and pretending to go to the post office. Yes to putting friends on the guest list. Yes to treacle pudding. And potentially Yes to a short tour with an old friend when this one ends.

Yes indeed.


1 comment:

f22 photography said...

Hi, good to see the locals like to visit the tourist areas of Cardiff too. Did you visit the F22 photography exhibition at the Norwegian Church last year?

Regards, Dave (F22)